• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested lists in epub - alignment problems for list items.

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to generate an epub output that includes nest lists that are aligned properly?

I have been trying to get nested lists to behave properly for a long time, with Multilevel lists, HTML lists, converting autonumbering to text, but to no avail.

I have tried generated epub 2.0 output (using the script) and epub 3 output (using the SSL) to no avail. I am able to generate Webhelp with no problem.

the epub 2.0 output using multilevel lists looks a bit better than the epub 3, but still not perfect. It looks fine in Robohelp, but not in the output as displayed on an ipad.

epub 3 output seems to be a problem because the custom rh-list definitions are ignored completely.

If anyone has figure out how to define nested lists (ordered and unordered) for output to epub, please let me what method you are using.

I've attached some photos.

In Robohelp it looks fine:

lists in robohelp.gif

In ibooks at small font, it looks all right, but there are a few small alignment issues:

small font.gif

In ibooks at large font, the issues are more apparent:

large font.gif

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What's the HTML and CSS of these lists? It may be that the browser is more forgiving than iBooks.

For ebooks I would normally opt for HTML lists instead of RoboHelp multilevel lists. The method that RH uses for multilevel lists may not work correctly with ebooks.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp