• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp menus open up slowly

Enthusiast ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get it. I have a new computer. More RAM, faster processors etc, yet doing something as simple as clicking on a menu, RH takes around two-three seconds before showing the menu!

On the Customize dialog box for the menu, on Options, I have this:

9-24-2013 1-27-55 PM.jpg

I thought setting Menu animations to None would fix this, but there's no visible difference. Any ideas on how to fix this? It's just happening in RH.

I have RH 9.02.271

Windows 7 Ulitmate OS, 64-bit system

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Does this happen in *ANY* project? For example, if you create a new blank project, does it happen there? If not, my guess is that you likely have gobs of files in a single folder and you need to begin considering creating folders and moving files into the folders.

Additionally, where is the project? Local C drive or on a network? I know you have been around for a while so you have likely seen all the admonishments about network use. But slow performance is indicative of network use.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, from some tests I just ran, it seems like my installation of Dragon Naturally Speaking (dictation software) is causing this menu slow-down on large projects. It occurs even if Dragon remains running but is turned off and not actively listening for voice commands. It seems that the more htms contained in the project the slower those menus runs. Don't know why that'd be the case, but that's what seems to be happening.

If I completely exit out of Dragon, the menus speed up again. In small projects, there's no visible difference if Dragon is running or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp