• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Taking a site live

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CC membership and want to take a holding page live. The domain name was hosted by another company and I have an authorization code that now releases it for hosting on BC. Except that I can't work out how to use this code.

As a separate query, I have an email link on the holding page (all designed in Muse), but I'd like to know how this integrates with a live site so that it automatically forwards to my .mac email address.

As you can probably tell, I'm new to this stuff, it's the first website I designed, so go easy with me!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe, What you got sounds like the UDAI value. This is when you want to transfer your domain between one domain host and another.

You do not need this.

Now it is important to note for a website you have three types of hosting.

1. Domain - this is your web address only - like your home address but not the house.

2. Emails - Email hosting to manage your emails

3. Website hosting - storage space to put your site on (your house)

BC is a platform that has the hosting and the tools to develop and build your site on. It does not have the domain hosting. You need to keep your domain regestra to have your domain.

If you do not have emails or anything with that domain registra you can point all traffic to BC by setting up the NS records:

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/going-live-guide.html

In terms of your link you need to make the href as a mailto on the anchor

http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_mailto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam, very helpful. Think I might stick to newspaper design!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is awesome Adobe make things like Muse so graphic designers can dablle in web design etc. But it really does not teach you all the things you need to know. This is nothing compared to all the knowledge you need. It is ever evolving as well so its really something you got to keep at learning as you work.

It is fun though, learning html, css to start with, knowing the domain stuff. If your keen it is well worth getting into, doing courses and training yourself up with UI and UX design etc too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines