• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing CS5 on Windows 8

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transfering my probrams from old laptop Win 7 to new Win 8. When I try to install Win 5, from the same files that I had installed it from on windows 7 it has the error:

"Please try restarting your system and installing again.

Installer failed to initialize"

That is after a fresh reboot.

Tried running it in combatiblity mode, no help.

Tech support verified that it is deactivated from the old computer.

Saw some posts on the form about downloading the program seporatly. But concerned that is a Trogen. I don't know. Don't see how to download the latest cs 5 from Adobe.

Tried tech support and they said cs5 is no longer supported, and said the only support is on the forms.

Have not see specific ideas what to look into in other posts in the form.

The file I am trying to install it from is for Production Premium. All I realy want is PS and Premire. Maybe it is the installer. Where can I get just the components.

Had heard the requirements where for a 7200 RPM drive.  I want to install it from the high capacity slow drive to the High speed SSD drive. I don't see how this would matter to the program.

Are others using CS5 on windows 8?

What else should I try?

Thanks for any help

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Apparently it has installed correctly, Opened a few files, did a few edits, but need to realy put it through it's pases. I was concerned that the 64 bit version would not install if it was installed in compatiblity mode. But apparently it works fine. 

The basics about how I installed it are:

Downloaded it from the link suggested at prodesigntools, several steps to that, just read the instructions.

added a shortcut for the setup program and set that to run in compatibility mode for xp sp3

I don't kn

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search through this forum using terms like "CS5 Windows 8" you will probably find various posts to help confirm wehether or not it will run for you... I believe there are some that confirm it will and if you find them they can help alert you to things to watch for and help you make sure you manage it properly.

If you download from the site linked below, it is actually downloading from the Adobe servers... it's just that Adobe no longer provides these links on their own site.

Be sure to follow the steps outlined in the Note: Very Important Instructions section on the download pages at this site or else the download will not work properly.

CS5: http://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently it has installed correctly, Opened a few files, did a few edits, but need to realy put it through it's pases. I was concerned that the 64 bit version would not install if it was installed in compatiblity mode. But apparently it works fine. 

The basics about how I installed it are:

Downloaded it from the link suggested at prodesigntools, several steps to that, just read the instructions.

added a shortcut for the setup program and set that to run in compatibility mode for xp sp3

I don't know if this matters but I also right clicked on the shortcut and ran as administrator.  My normal account is admin privlaged, but took that out of the mix.

If you are reading this probably means you are having problems. Good luck on getting them resolved.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines