• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't pin RoboHelp to the Windows 7 taskbar (solution)

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured out how to pin RoboHelp 8 to the taskbar in Windows 7!

1. Create a shortcut to RoboHelp on the desktop.
  2. Rename the shortcut RH. The shortcut name must not contain the word "help".
  3. Drag the shortcut to the taskbar.

This took a long time to figure out. I finally found the answer here:

http://www.west-wind.com/weblog/posts/32765.aspx

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause of this has been known for some time, it is the same reason that RoboHelp has never appeared on the Recently Used list through various versions of Windows. There's a short reference to this in Snippets on my site and there was a link to a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that confirmed all this.

Rick Strahl's comprehensive explanation is very useful as it does explain how someone can fix this on their own PC if they so choose. It's a great link, thank you for finding it and taking the trouble to register here and post it.

Welcome to the forum.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2010 Nov 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also go to All Programs on the start menu and rename RoboHelp to say Adobe RH8. Then the Pin To options appear.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful information! After my hard drive had to be replaced and everything had to be reinstalled, we couldn't pin RH to the taskbar (it had been pinned previously, so not sure what happened). Now I'm a happy camper.

Thanks!

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Not having Robohelp pinned was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp