Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with adobe digital editions

Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a math ebook last month and was able to download adobe digital editions, but having problems.  When I try to scroll through the book it takes forever, very slow.  Also some pages are superimposed over others and I cannot read some of the text.  This is making homework for tedious and impossible. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Reader forum. The Digiyal Editions one is here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What textbook? Can you supply a link. I have seen many mathematics ebooks, not one supported by Adobe Digital Editions. I can tell you that many of them are not created properly and have all sorts of errors. This may or may not be the problem with the book you are using. My first recommendation is to contact the company that made the book. They are ultimately responsible for the quality of the book they created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worth seeing if the older version is better (it is for most things, though not quite all).

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines