• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Would like to use HTML in 6.0

Mar 23, 2007 Mar 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Again (already)?

Kind of a corollary to my previous question (how to access old RoboHelp projects): Apparently, Word is the default editor for this package, but I've been using HTML, and would like to continue to do so ... is this a problem?

Thanks again,
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon,

It sounds like you are opening RoboHelp for Word. Make sure you open the RoboHelp HTML version. From there, you should be able to search for your projects.

-Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon

In case Lori's suggestion wasn't what you were looking for, you may also be seeing a feature of RoboHelp HTML. This feature allows selection of alternate HTML editors if you so choose. Well, actually it's the default.

What RoboHelp HTML does is looks at the meta tag inside the HTML code to see which editor created the file. In your case, it may be sensing Word and instead of opening the HTML topic in the RoboHelp HTML WYSIWYG editor, it opens Word.

If I've understood this correctly, here is the fix. Within RoboHelp HTML, click Tools > Options... > HTML Editors tab. Ensure RoboHelp WYSIWYG is the default editor. It should be as that's the default. Now look near the bottom of the dialog. You should see two options. One labeled "Auto-select Editor" and another labeled "Use Default Editor". My guess is that Auto-select is configured as it's normally the default. So choose "Use Default Editor", click OK and you should be set. Unless, of course, I've misunderstood the situation.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2007 Mar 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, now even more famous after being interviewed in a podcast for techwritervoices.com, is probably right.

When I installed RoboHelp, RoboHelp for Word and RoboHelp HTML icons were put on my desktop. I just keep clicking the wrong one. That's why I answered the way I did. I finally removed the individual icons and put the RoboStarter icon on my desktop. :-)

-Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 24, 2007 Mar 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori

Wazzat? Huh? Me? Famous?

Nah... I'm just a goober. Actually, I'm a "Community Expert". So the "Community" part is pretty straightforward. Let's explore the "Expert" part a bit, shall we?

Hmmm, "Expert" That would be a two syllable word, no? Ex-pert

Let's look at the syllables individually.

Ex - A "has been"
Spurt - "Just a little drip, under pressure"

Happy Saturday all... Rick (who is preparing to venture out and explore ChinaTown here in San Francisco)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2007 Mar 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r,
Your solution works in RH HTML, but in the tool "Mulit-File Find and Replace, when i click Edit, I still get Word as the editor. Do you als know how to change this? I would like to use the Wysiwyg editor from there.
Thanks! Sugit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this topic on my site and step 13. Maybe that change would affect how the topic works in the Multi File Find and Replace.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/editors/topic_editors.htm
Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Moments ago I finished performing a small test. It would appear that the Multi-File Find and Destr.... I mean "Replace" utility is using the Windows file association to determine which editor to use for editing the file. So it sounds like you simply need to ensure you associate RoboHelp HTML with the .HTM file type.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2007 Mar 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,
Thanks. But.
My Windows file association was htm=Interneet Explorer. (Word was chosen as the editor by Multi-File)
I changed the file association to htm=RoboHTML.exe. Still Word is being chosen.

Hi Peter,
Thanks. My header is <meta name=generator content="RoboHELP by eHelp Corporation - www.ehelp.com"> . And that's what I want...

Of course in Tools\Options my HTML Editors are ste to RoboHelp WYSIWYG, Default=Yes, Use Default Editor.

I don't get it. And it it bothers me, as Find and Replace often does not do it's job, so I have to edit the topics manually...
(I thought migrating from my old fashioned RoboHelp for Word would bring me into a world of new possibilities, but so far it brings only limitations. Does RH6 solve these kind of problems?)

Thanks!
Sugit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going into IE options and looking under Programs. What is shown there as the editor?

You've hit one problem so don't write RH HTML off just because of that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again

In the spirit of what Peter offered up about not writing off RoboHelp HTML because you encountered a bump in the road...

Keep in mind that you are dealing with issues that crop up because you are effectively trying to combine oil and water. Word does an awful job with HTML and that's precisely what you are dealing with here. HTML created from Word documents. For sure there are issues, but once its all said and done and you are totally immersed in the world of HTML and RoboHelp HTML, the road becomes much smoother as a result.

Additionally, pay special attention to Peter's response, which I'll quote and emphasize because you missed what was suggested earlier:

Try going into IE options and looking under Programs. What is shown there as the editor?

I think that earlier you only looked at the default setting in IE for what happens if you double-click to view the file.

Happy Monday all... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp