Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 - variables and build tag file names

Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH10 Webhelp and am required to upload source files to CVS via eclipse. I have been uploading files with changed dates to maintain a current version on CVS.

However, I have discovered that the files in the main project folder that I thought were storing user variables and build tags and have new dates after I've made changes, are not the correct files.

Please tell me which files store the updated variables and build tags so that I can include them in my upload.

thanks,

karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Publishing feature to determine what files have changed? If not, that might be an easier method of determining what to copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we’re not using the publishing feature. We don’t have a need to publish and use a different process for distribution. It would be most helpful to have the filenames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can publish to another location on your c:\ drive AFAIK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I’m missing something here. If I publish, I’m creating an output file, correct? I want to archive the project source files, so I need the source file used to store current user variables and build tags. Please clarify.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry completely misunderstood – you posted in the WebHelp output forum – you want the Source Control one (http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robosource_control) – they’ll have better advice on what needs to be checked in/out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I’ll try that. Didn’t think about that forum since we don’t use RH’s source control either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s a catch all for all types of SC – not just RH’s flavour ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp