Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download adobe flash on my MacBook, Blocked plug-in message

Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't download adobe flash on my MacBook, Blocked plug-in message.  I have a MacBook Pro osx 10.8.5, with a Parallel 9, running Windows 8.  I've been trying for hours, searching solutions, trying things, to no avail.  I have discovered that the Windows 8 has the ie automatically in it, and that has a built-in adobe flash player, though I can't seem to find any info on what versions they would be.  I have turned on all the sharing options in Parallels to integrate with the Mac.  The flash works in the Parallels world, with ie browser.  However, I would like to be able to browse the internet with my Mac/Safari, as it's much faster than browsing through Parallels.

When I try to browse from my Mac/Safari side, and watch YouTube (for example) videos, it gives me a blocked plug-in message on a black video window.  When I attempt to download the latest adobe flash version, it's also blocked (it doesn't give me an error, just doesn't download).

Please help me!  I am so frustrated!

Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

On your MAC, Launch Safari

Click on Safari -> Preferences

Under Security Tab, make sure "Allow all other plug-ins" is checked

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 12.22.28 AM.jpg

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried that it didn't change anything.  The flash plug-in as it turns out, does works in Safari, but only as long as Parallels is turned on/running... So to browse and watch video content for example, I don't have an option that doesn't include having parallels running in the background OR browsing from within Parallels (using ie or chrome).  This just is not acceptable.  Safari/Adobe/Parallels need to fix this somehow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pat, I had already tried that too, to no avail.  But I want to tell the community today, that, with no apparent reason, when I clicked on the link to open the download, it actually downloaded this time!  So I have now installed Adobe Flash 11 and everything that wasn't working before is now working!  Yay!  Perhaps there was an issue from the Adobe side??  Any insight would be great, cause I still have no f'n clue what was wrong, or for that matter what happened to be right this afternoon. 

Thanks all, now I can stop tearing my hair out....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines