• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server.

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to download books from my local library using Adobe Digital Editions. My library told me to unauthorize which was also supported by the on-line help discussions on the Adobe website. I did that and now when trying to re-authorize continue to receive this message "Digital Editions could not connect to the activation server. Please make sure you are connected to the internet'".  I am connected so that is not the issue. I had great difficulty finding a phone number to call for help and when finally successful, I was in the process of being transferred and the call was dropped.

Please HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better ask in the Digital Editions forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possibilities.

1. One is that the connection is being blocked by your firewall.  Try turning the firewall off (temporarily) and trying to register again.
  2. Another is a bug in ADE2.  Quite common: but I don't think it is the issue for you.  May be worth trying 1.7.2 just in case ...

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too! 

Tried reinstalling AD 2.0 - same problem

Tried sjpt's suggestions (firewall off, AD1.7.2 installed) - appreciate them! especially the link

Unfortunately I still can't connect to the activation server.

Since jt and I are having problems with the activation server on the same day - wonder if it's a server problem?  Very inconvenient; 'll try again in a couple days.  Maybe come Monday, someone at Adobe will be paying attention.

Having to deal with ADI to get a library book is a horrendous waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the server is back up - 9/29/13 1200 ET. I was able to active the ADE 1.7.2 I installed.  Haven't tried 2.0.  Yeah Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines