• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to use overdrive and keep getting error 2004.

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting error 2004 on overdrive.  How do I   reset my adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you running Overdrive?

Do you mean the Overdrive app/program, or trying to get Overdrive books using the Adobe Digital Editions program?

There are some suggestions at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/990177 that may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use overdrive on my ipad mini and keep getting error 2004, that I've used my id too much.  What can I do to resolve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines