• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server settings for remote Server in Flash Builder 4.5 Premium

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this out? Seems like everyone is talking about FlashBuilder that comes with PHP and that doesn't help me. So I'm still having trouble moving my mobile app to a remote server and I have FlashBuilder 4.5 Premium without PHP.

I have created a PHP project outside of Flash Builder and then I have connected to it using the Data/Service tab, but then it ask for the server information and that is where I'm having the issues.

It works create with the setting like this.

MAC:

Server Options

Web Root: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs

Root URL: http://localhost/

But when you try to export a release build or just like to test it, and insert your server settings.

Server Options

Web Root: /home/username/domain_name/

Root URL: http://mydomain.com

It doesn't Validate which in turn won't let the project work. Also it would be nice to put the remote server in there for testing instead of just for release builds. Any one have an answer. Every tutorial or explanation shows localhost.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem. I just can't get the settings right. The project won't work.

What are the server settings?? What are the settings in amf_config.ini and what are they in gateway.php.

Thanks for your reply's.

gr. Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, I'm having the same frustrating problem. I'm sure this issue is no mystery to seasoned server people but it is a definite roadblock for those of us who are not as familiar with server settings. I think this could be cleared up easily with a little guidance from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so here is what I did to get my working. Upload the ZendFramework folder to the root of your remote hosting server. You only need the library folder inside the ZendFramework folder and it will take a while to upload this folder.

Then I created my remote folder in my root dir. So it should look like this

ZendFramework

library > Zend

YourProjectFolder

ProjectFolderHoldingYourPHPandVO's

amf_config.ini

gateway.php

The ini file should look like this. I use Dreamhost as a hosting company

[zend]

;set the absolute location path of webroot directory, example:

;Windows: C:\apache\www

;MAC/UNIX: /user/apache/www

webroot =/home/username/domainname.com/

;set the absolute location path of zend installation directory, example:

;Windows: C:\apache\PHPFrameworks\ZendFramework\library

;MAC/UNIX: /user/apache/PHPFrameworks/ZendFramework/library

zend_path = /home/username/domainname.com/ZendFramework/library

[zendamf]

amf.production = false

amf.directories[]=YourProjectFolder/FolderNameHoldingYourPHPandServices

You don't need to do anything to the gateway.php.

Now in your Flex project go to the services. You should see two classes. One named _Super_YourServiceName.as and YourServiceName.as

In the YourServiceName.as file there should not be that much code in the file. So you should see a super.preInitalizeervice(). Right under that override the url for the remote server. So like this.

//super._serviceControl.endpoint = "http://www.yourdomain.com/YourProjectFolder/gateway.php";

That should work.

I hope that helps.

Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have found a solution: In ZendFramework/library/Zend/Amf/Response/Http.php linenumber 59:

$ssl = $_SERVER['HTTPS']; is given an error.

I did this:

$_SERVER['HTTPS'] = 'off';

$ssl = $_SERVER['HTTPS'];

So add this line....

And it works...

Hope it works for you too.

Ooh, and don't forget to follow the instruction of TweenOut.

Erik.

Van: tweenOut

Verzonden: dinsdag 20 december 2011 18:42

Aan: EGJ Steens

Onderwerp: Server settings for remote Server in Flash Builder 4.5 Premium

Re: Server settings for remote Server in Flash Builder 4.5 Premium

created by tweenOut <http://forums.adobe.com/people/tweenOut> in Using Flash Builder - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/4095833#4095833

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch EGJ Steens. Thanks Happy Holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it Works for me!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me but when I query the remote server, if the number of tables contained in the requests is greater than 4 or the information returned by the database is large, such as a field that has the attribute LONGTEXT and I put a long text, I receives no data. But locally it works fine, all the data is displayed. I remember that I tried to make a mobile application with Flash Builder 4.6. Thank you to anyone who wants to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i know i'm re invoking a very old post. But i'm stuck at "using liver server" part.

I've followed tweenOut's suggestion. and if i call gateway.php it says "Zend Amf Endpoint.. " i am assuming it says that everything is ok. But when i run my application from pc to test it with server php services , it says "service do not exists !!!!!

I've also configured my amf_config.ini files so that php service holder folders are included.

Can anyone please help me out ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Abinnuman,

Try to put your services in the default folder first. So use the Services folder of the amfphp framework. If it works then try to move the services to your folder. And make sure the naming is correct. Use capitals in your call in the same way you named your files and services. But I assume you checked that a few times before posting here.. 🙂

gr. Erik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines