9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 5:31 PM by Jim_Simon

Some videos clips stuttering in preview

iamgregor

I tried reimporting the video and translating it to another format, I've rendered it fully, and deleted temp files and re-rendered it. I rebuilt the video from scratch in a new sequence created from the clip (all clips were screencaptured using Camstudio so they're the same exact format as each other.

But I still have constant problems with videos not playing properly in preview. The last time I had this problem, they rendered that way too. When I hit the spacebar to view the video, it shows a bit of the video, then rewinds and plays the same section over and over, moving a little further forward each time. Basically "rubberbanding".

It's Premiere Pro CS 5.5.2

Win 7 64

No third party codecs.

I have plenty of hard drive space and 8 gb of ram. I do have browsers open which use a lot of memory, but all the other clips are working so that doesn't seem like it should be an issue.

I'm not using any kinds of plugins or third-party things.

Some things that help: Shutting other memory hogging programs and restarting Premiere.

Things that seem to hurt: using the time slider to increase or decrease speed of the video.