• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Digital Editions books on Kobo Touch.

Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just joined BigW E-Books, I have downloaded two books, they open in Digital Editions but when I try and send them to my Kobo E-reader. They do not transfer in an openable state, message says "Doc is protected and is not currently authorised for use with your Adobe ID." This happens even though I have an authorised ID, which of course is my email address. Anyone know how I can make this work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also authorized the Kobo eReader with the same Adobe ID as your copy of ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks sjpt, this of course has to be clarified, the user name for Kobo is my email address, this is how I communicate with Kobo. The Adobe ID is also my email address, if I click on help and check the authorisation, I am told that the Adobe ID is authorised. As they are the same they should work, one would think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you need a little more: not sure about the user name for Kobo is my email address, this is how I communicate with Kobo.

That might be a Kobo specific knowledge of your email, and not have got through to the Adobe DRM part of the Kobo necessary for reading DRM eBooks.

Also, the Help on the authorization may only be telling you about the Adobe authorization of ADE, and not of the device.

Lots of mays and mights above, but try ....

When the Kobo is plugged into to computer with ADE running, the Kobo should show in the left hand panel.

Then run 'menu/Help/Authorize Device' (menu/Library/Authorize Device on older v1.7.2) to make sure the Adobe registration has been passed to the Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your time sjpt, I sign on to my Kobo using my email address, my Adobe ID is also my email address. I tried your suggestion, still end up with a blacked out unopenable book in my Kobo. I am going to can this for now, too much of a time user! I will let you know if later on I can make this combination work. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines