• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference between Premiere CS6 and Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a difference between the two programs?

I am debating if to buy the Premiere CS6 or to subscribe to the Premiere CC in the Adobe Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many.

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

And more coming...

http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/09/adobe-premiere-pro-cc-october-2013-release.html

CS6 is at a dead end.  It will never get any new features.  Premiere Pro CC is a definite improvement and will continue to improve.  Go with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is clear but does not address my situation. I have only a Creative Cloud (monthly) subscription (no purchased version of CS6). When I first acquired Adobe Master Collection CS6 in the spring, Creative Cloud installed it and has provided periodic updates to it. Now I have downloaded and installed Premiere Pro CC, resulting in two versions of PP, both installed and maintained by Creative Cloud. While many of the installed CS6 programs have cousins labeled CC, not all of the installed apps have a CC version. I'm not understanding why Adobe does not simply come out and say to uninstall the CS6 versions (or do it automatically when a CC version is installed), or otherwise clarify where all of this is going.

I emphasize again that I never bought a version of CS6 that was installed directly onto my computer. All CS6 programs were originally installed via Creative Cloud. Confusing and definitely not the Four Seasons level of product/service that I expect from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not understanding why Adobe does not simply come out and say to uninstall the CS6 versions (or do it automatically when a CC version is installed)

Because you don't really need to.  Both can coexist and even run at the same time on the same system.  And without backwards compatibility, it's not a bad idea to keep CS6 around for a while.

But, if you feel you'll never use the CS6 versions again, you can go right ahead and uninstall them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other issue to remember is that CC does not include Encore. You have to keep the CS6 version of Encore if you wish to make DVDs with Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you wish to write a DVD or BluRay, do NOT uninstall Premiere Pro CS6... or, at least, read the instructions on how to uninstall PProCS6 while keeping EncoreCS6... since there is NO EncoreCC

CS6 is the final Encore http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/faq.html

-also http://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

-http://tv.adobe.com/watch/davtechtable/using-premiere-pro-cc-encore-cs6-for-bluray-dvd-and-interacti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use CS6.

Even in 2021, CS6 can still export at Ultra HD 60fps.

I use CS6 for the customazibility - CC won't let you customize the theme to light.

If you deleted it, redownload it. now.

Trust me on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... you buy CS6 once (for more upfront money) or you buy the Cloud every month (for less per month)

If you decide to stop paying the monthly Cloud fee, your Adobe software stops working

CS6 is at a dead end (there have been recent bug fixes, but no new major features) so you have to decide if CS6 does what you want, or if you need the Cloud version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you pay for the could forever? How is that less money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you had to buy an upgrade in 2 years that cost you $500, then, well that's less than the $478 for two years of subscription. They kind of have you either way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to look at Adobe Community: 7/11, not 9/11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Rant removed.  The OP already has a subscription to Creative Cloud.]

Message edited by Jim Simon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with CS6 and CS5 for 2 years. Once I switched over to CC I noticed a HUGE difference in performance when it came to 4K video. With CS6 I would have to re-render every time I made a change to a clip to see the change, but with CC I can view the change without the need to render it every time, which is a HUGE time saver.

I also like the mask option without needing After Effects, Audio sync is a feature in CC, and also my fav is optical flow. Optical flow allows me to slow down footage even if my frame rate was too low, lets say 24 fps. Optical flow predicts and create the missing frames when you try to slow it down. GoPro studio has this feature. Its amazing since there are often times I wish I shot a scene in slower motiong (60 fps) but shot it in 24 fps.

There are constant new plugins, like presets to fix gopro distortion of wide angle shots etc. If you have the money CC is the way to go. If those features aren't part or your regular work flow CS6 is still amazing.

Cheers,
Will
LifeWithWill.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines