• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Porting code from ColdFusion 9 on SunOS to ColdFusion 10 on Red Hat Linux

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering migrating a ColdFusion 9 application from SunOS  5.10 Generic_148888-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890 to ColdFusion 10 running Red Hat Linux on commodity PC hardware in a Cloud server farm.    Does anyone have any experience with this or something similar that they could share?  Documentation would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asides from getting the CF Server running on the various platforms - what code issues do you think you'll encounter? CF10 is pretty compatible with CF9, paths might change in your application of course, but if you've dynamically constructed them, you don't have to worry too much.  Can you run your application on a CF10 developer edition on your own development machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that information. I have not attempted to run my application on a desktop developer copy of CF 10. That is a good suggestion. I will try that.

A new related question has come up:

Can ColdFusion 10 run under a VIRTUALIZED instance of Linux? This question assumes that CM 10 can run directly on “bare metal” that using a dedicated copy of Red Hat Linux. We are considering running CM 10 in a Cloud server farm where the Red Hat would be virtualized. Would that work?

Thanks,

Steve Price

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation