Exit

JVM Memory saturates and slows the server down

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

New serveur on W7. CF9 installed.

Every day, need to kill JVM process saturing up to 1,5Go to liberate memory.

How come that it does not come down. How to tune it in order to fit my trafic needs ?

Thanks for your help,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Some more detail would probably help. Windows 7, CF9 and Java are 32 or 64 bit?
For bit check CF Java via Server Settings > Settings Summary > Java VM Name  EG Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

Sometimes Java matters are logged to ColdFusion9\runtime\logs\coldfusion-out.log . Any Java warnings or error messages in that log file?

JVM logging can be useful to know what is going on Java memory wise. I think there are many resources to search on how to do that tho if you want some direction reply the thread and I am sure to be able to point you to some links.

Indeed 1.5Gb is not a lot of RAM but it may not be apportioned well to suit your needs. Other than JVM logs it would also be interesting to know what Java version (A) you are using plus your JVM arguments (B)?
A) Server Settings > Settings Summary > Java Version EG 1.6.0_29 
B) ColdFusion9\runtime\bin\jvm.config >
# Arguments to VM portion
java.args=-server  -Xmx512m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC

That should start to help you along, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation