• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to color code changes

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to color code changes in RH?

After publishing, the content different from previous version should displayed in different color.  This will help the readers to easily identify what has been changed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I'd think this would annoy most users. You could do it by creating a new set of styles and applying them as appropriate. Perhaps you could give us some more information as to exactly why you'd want to do this. What is the audience and their desired workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever a new version of content is published, the changed content should be shown in a different color. That means, the content shown with a different color this time may be shown in the default color in the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use track changes. Set track changes and publish with the tracked changes visible. Then accept all changes and start again.

It won't be pretty, but it may do what you want.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With track changes enabled and published, it shows both the old content and new content, but doesn't differentiate with colors.

old content: "This procedure defines specific requirements for"

published content with change: "This procedure defines defined  specifics requirements for"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I might think this would cause you a maintenance nightmare. At minimum, you are adding more work for yourself.

One way I accomplished allowing my users an avenue to see what was changed was to insert a DHTML drop-down at the top of the topic. I linked the DHTML trigger to a small image. Then if they wanted to see the change log for that topic, they clicked the small icon and the changes were revealed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp