Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video signal with Blackmagic Decklink and Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help with Premiere Pro CC and BM Decklink.

I'm not able to get an output signal (external monitor, SDI&Composite ) from Premiere Pro CC.

Audio output works on the SDI monitor.

First off, It works fine with After Effects CC and Blackmagic Software, so I'm pretty I'm missing something with the PrCC settings.

I'm using a Blackmagic Decklink HD extreme (9.7.7) and the latest PrCC version.

The Playback options are set to Blackmagic Playback (only), the Sequence options are Blackmagic Uncompressed, 25fps. Video Preview is Blackmagic AVI, Codec: Uncompressed 10-bit RGB.

If anyone could help me with it, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

What resolution is the timeline?  I have had this happen if, for example, I have a 1920 25P timeline and my monitor does not actually support 25P.

The output resolution in After Effects is defined in the video preview settings, whereas Premiere Pro outputs whatever the sequence is set to.  So they can be on different settings which is why one could work and not the other.

I use PCs not MACs but I found the 9.7.7 drivers were not very good with some devices and stuck with the 9.7.5.  I have not tri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you enabled 'Transmit' in the program monitor settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transmit is enabled.

It's strange that I get an audio signal on my SDI monitor, but no video signal.

Edit: btw, my other Monitor is component, not composite, like i said in my original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it an HD sequence that you are trying to view in SD? Have you got 'Enable conversion on Analogue output' selected in the Select output processing box in the BM Desktop Video setup program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its an HD sequence, I want to view it in component but I'm using a SDI-Monitor also (which strangely gets an audio signal, but still no video)

I can't find anything like that in the 'Select output processing'-box, even after updating to 9.7.8 (released on Friday)...

It doesn't make any sense to me. Why would it work with AE and BM Media Express but not with Premiere CC?

My BM Decklink is not the newest model, but I don't think thats the problem.

It still seems to be supported by the software and it works with AE.

I'm going to change my graphic card from GTX 780 to NVIDIA quadro, lets see whether that will get me the result I'm hoping for, but tbh I'm giving up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no success with the NVIDIA quadro 5000.

It might have nothing to do with it, but the Blackmagic is at the bottom of the Playback device list and i have seen some screenshots where Blackmagic is on top.

I unistalled and reinstalled BM and PrCC a couple of times, I tried all different kind of settings... but still won't work

Blackmagic HD Extreme.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey S.... I've the exact same issue & symptoms (though I'm CS6 not CC) and I believe it is because my MacPro is 2x2.66 Dual Core, not Quad core. In my research a few weeks ago i saw Quad Core as the minimum spec for Premiere / Decklink.

Are you running Dual Cores or Quad ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a Intel i7-3930K @ 3.2GHz, Win7 64-bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution is the timeline?  I have had this happen if, for example, I have a 1920 25P timeline and my monitor does not actually support 25P.

The output resolution in After Effects is defined in the video preview settings, whereas Premiere Pro outputs whatever the sequence is set to.  So they can be on different settings which is why one could work and not the other.

I use PCs not MACs but I found the 9.7.7 drivers were not very good with some devices and stuck with the 9.7.5.  I have not tried 9.8 yet.  You could try downgrading them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally!

So i downgraded to 9.7.5 and set the sequence to 50i and it works!

BTW:

My SDi monitor supports all kind of resolution (25p, 50i etc), still wonder why i can't get a video signal... but it works with both monitors with a 50i sequence...

It still works with the newest driver (9.7.8)...

It's still a riddle to my why it only works with 50i and no progressive resolutions..

A bug? maybe because my Decklink is older?

Anyway, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spoke with Blackmagic Design support here in Australia and they were quite puzzled by Ae working but Pr not. They are researching a suggested older version of Desktop Video drivers to suit my MacPro1,1.... will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines