• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 9.0.1 Tiff Images

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Documentation says that this version of CF should recognize tif images. I am trying to retreive images using imageNew from a url and CF 9 says that the .tif file is not an image. When I run GetReadableImageFormats() tif is not supported.

CF 10 works fine, but this install is still in testing so I am unable to upgrade at this time. I need this to work on my CF 9 legacy install.

How do I get CF 9 to support tif files? I can find nothing about this anywhere. So if someone has the solution please post?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  The documentation says:

ColdFusion supports the following default image formats on Macintosh, Windows, and Unix operating systems:

• JPEG
  • GIF
  • TIFF
  • PNG
  • BMP

ColdFusion does not support the following image formats:

• Animated GIF
  • Multipage TIFF
  • PSD
  • AI

It's not a multipage TIFF you're working with is it?  It might help to show us what code you're using, a link to a sample TIFF file you're having this problem with, and the output of the GetReadableImageFormats() function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response!

GetReadableImageFormats() returns: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG,WBMP

Here is what I am trying to do: imageNew('https://my.yrcregional.com/image_cache/ONBASE/Reddaway/5235883193-DR.tif'); Simple as that. I know the image is valid because it work in my CF 10 test install just fine. I just am unable to upgrade to version 10 at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a bug in GetReadableImageFormats().  You might want to file it at https://bugbase.adobe.com/

I'm running CF 9,0,1,274733, Enterprise  edition on Windows 7 and I get this:

GetReadableImageFormats: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPEG 2000,JPEG2000,JPG,PNG,PNM,RAW,TIF,TIFF,WBMP
GetWriteableImageFormats: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPEG 2000,JPEG2000,JPG,PNG,PNM,RAW,TIF,TIFF,WBMP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I called support and they wanted me to purchase a support contract.

I am running the same version, but as a WAR deployment on jboss on linux. Wonder if that is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting around the issue by using http setting a path and writing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation