• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Adobe Flash Player launch from on Snow Leopard?

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our school district limits the locations from which students can launch applications.  I need to know exactly where the Adobe Flash Player "lives on Snow Leopard OS X.  Thank you in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is not an application that can be launched; it is a browser plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post.  I had better explain more.

The student 10.6.8 workstations are managed through WorkGroup Manager to only allow the launch of applications/utilities that are in the Applications folder or the Utilities folder.  When the students attempt to launch one of their curriclum CDs that requires Flash Player, the student gets the message that "you cannot open Flash Player".

The browsers have the plug-in installed correctly and have no problems with Internet-based programs.  The problem is the inability to launch the CD.  If I could figure out exactly where the Flash files are that launch, the WorkGroup Manager settings could be adjusted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have the standalone Flash Player (Projector) installed?

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the Mac OS will be assisting you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have the regular Flash Player installed.  The full version.  Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping a Mac OS X person will reply as well!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines