• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You installed Malware & Spyware on my Computer - I WANT IT OFF!!!!!!

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your update disabled all of my web browsers...I gotta have this fixed asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Adobe isn't at fault here:

If you go to the page you linked to, and LOOK VERY CAREFULLY at the address from which those downloads came (www.123mplayer.com), you'll see that the toolbar infested downloads you installed DID NOT COME FROM ADOBE. You probably didn't get them from that EXACT address, but one of the many, many, many other "fake update" sites out there.

Got that? 123mplayer.com (or wherever you got this fake update from) is where all of your pent up anger needs to be directed, because TH

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/07/flash-player-updates-used-in-highly-misleading-tac...

I am surprised that Adobe is involved in these misleading, dishonest tactics.  Unbelievable.  You have rendered my computer useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXACTLY WHAT is this "malware" of which you speak so rudely? Adobe IS NOT in the business of making or distributing viruses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a notice to update Adobe Flash Player, with the Adobe logo on it.  When I was finished, it updated Adobe Flash Player & installed a bunch of toolbars & other junk.  I tried to remove them, but it didn't work.  My web browsers no longer function.  All of this was installed WITH your Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX update.  Surely this is not the first you've heard of this?  The website that I linked is from a Malware removal software company referencing this issue that has affected many people.  My brother just had to completely remove & reinstall everything on his computer after installing your update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe isn't at fault here:

If you go to the page you linked to, and LOOK VERY CAREFULLY at the address from which those downloads came (www.123mplayer.com), you'll see that the toolbar infested downloads you installed DID NOT COME FROM ADOBE. You probably didn't get them from that EXACT address, but one of the many, many, many other "fake update" sites out there.

Got that? 123mplayer.com (or wherever you got this fake update from) is where all of your pent up anger needs to be directed, because THEY offered you everything you downloaded, and you DIDN'T get it here. 123mplayer.com IS NOT an Adobe site or even affiliated with Adobe. They tricked you into downloading their junk, and... you fell for it.
I'd apologize for that, but it wasn't my fault, and it wasn't Adobe's fault.
Adobe makes Flash Player, but they DON'T run the Internet, and they CAN'T and DON'T have 100% total control over who does what with their Flash Player. They do agressivley pursue illegal distributions, but there is NO WAY any company could ever possibly control more than 16 billion websites.

This will be a hard fix for you, I'm sure, but hopefully you've learned the lesson that is: don't download ANY updates from ANYWHERE but the developer. That goes for ANY software, be it Flash Player, Windows, or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, I would encourage you, if you ever see some popup that says you need to update Flash Player, to not update through anywhere but Adobe by deliberately surfing to adobe.com and downloading from there in the manner that CF McBlob prescribes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines