• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Clock Wipe?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand there is supposed to be a Clock Wipe among the Premiere CS6 Video Transitions. All I see among the Wipes is Barn Doors, Gradient Wipe, Inset and Wipe.

Where is that transition hiding?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Clock Wipe is win-only in CS6.

To get it on mac you'll need a plugin... or after effects.

Most people see wipes as cheesy these days, which is why it's hasn't been prioritized high enough (by users) to get it back to the mac in 64-bit. I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but that's why.

Ann said, "There is a list somewhere floating around with transitions/effects windows vs mac"

True. I never could find it though, even internally. So I made my own, all scrawled on paper when I was testing for mac/w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type "clock" into the effects panel serach box.

You'll find it under Transitions > Wipe > clock wipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried typing "clock" in the search box, but it doesn't come up.

Only four options are avaialable under Transitions > Wipe, as listed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange...

wipe.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its a Windows thing only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is a Windows thing - with or without?  My screen grab is Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from my Windows system:

3-1-2013 5-28-41 AM.jpg

I can also confirm there are only 4 Wipe transitions on my Mac system

2013-03-01_05-41-50.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is what I meant a Windows only.

There is a list somewhere floating around with transitions/effects windows vs mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This conversation also took place regrading CS5.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3016880?tstart=0

Seems like there is a reason for having fewer transitions on a Mac, but having a reason is not going to make Mac people any happier.Check out post #16 in that thread.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Mac, and I have the list of four.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you must have a pc, not a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the Mac version gets more wipe transitions but I would like to see Adobe add even more transitions with key-framing parameters that make use of the GPU's CUDA Cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clock Wipe is win-only in CS6.

To get it on mac you'll need a plugin... or after effects.

Most people see wipes as cheesy these days, which is why it's hasn't been prioritized high enough (by users) to get it back to the mac in 64-bit. I'm not saying I necessarily agree, but that's why.

Ann said, "There is a list somewhere floating around with transitions/effects windows vs mac"

True. I never could find it though, even internally. So I made my own, all scrawled on paper when I was testing for mac/win parity. I would scan it and post it now but people would just laugh. If anyone comes across the real one, please post it here for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the "old" list: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/460313?tstart=1470

I have not bookmarked anything newer.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people see wipes as cheesy these days, which is why it's hasn't been prioritized high enough (by users) to get it back to the mac in 64-bit.

I am of the same mindset. Butt-cut, Dip-to-Black, and Cross-Dissolve are about all that I use.

However, on a PC, there are a few times, when one does need something else, and I rely on Pixelan's Spice Master for most of those.

Hunt

PS - there was a running joke in this forum, about an editor ONLY being able to use "Page Curl" once, and then it should self-destruct. I used Page Curl for one particular Project, so I expended all my uses of that Transition, long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 99% of the times. I hate cheesy, but today I feel a clock wipe would be appropriate. I'm editing a focus group video and I think a clock wipe would let the viewer know we've jumped ahead through time.

: /

Come on Adobe! Bring on the cheezy clock wipe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2013 Mar 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jstrawn wrote:

True. I never could find it though, even internally. So I made my own, all scrawled on paper when I was testing for mac/win parity. I would scan it and post it now but people would just laugh. If anyone comes across the real one, please post it here for me. Thanks.

Its in Stevens post, missed that one.

Post 16.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3016880#3016880?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You *might* be able to make your own clock wipe by using the Gradient tool in photoshop to make a B&W Angle Gradient and using it in Premiere Pro's Gradient Wipe. I have not tried this, so I don't know if it'll work.

gradientClockWipe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CC and it is still not there.

I can confirm that this works: make a gradient as shown, make sure image mode is grayscale, and save it as 24bit PNG. When you assign gradient wipe to a transition you get the option to indicate an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search "radial wipe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!!! Yeah, its cheesy, but for that cute cheesy moment, making marmalade with Grandma and hour passes by.. its perfect for cheap tv.

Great, work on those priorities Adobe.. like have the playback continue when we skip around the timeline:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radial wipe is an easy answer to this one... works perfect & you are able to keyframe it out to the exact time you need. Ends up the same result as the clock wipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me see if i understand this correctly.

clock wipe is no longer included (unless you're on windows. which i think speaks VOLUMES)
because "most people see wipes as cheesy these days."

but somehow cube spin, page peel, and cross zoom are still included?
yeah. that makes COMPLETE sense.

#swallowsbullet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Radial Wipe instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a plugin created to add Clock wipe to Mac? I've tried to use the radial wipe but it just continues for the length of time, I'm looking for a clock wipe that resets each second. I've VERY new to premiere pro and just trying to figure things out. Any help would be massively appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines