• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to change the default installation path for adobe flash player?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed an ssd and wanted to only have my os installed on it and have everything else installed on another hdd but it doesn't give me an option on where to install flash player. Is it possible to install it on a secondary hdd?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Because it's a "plugin" for your browser, it CAN'T reside on another drive. It won't work. Since it's a plugin, it's part of your OS, essentially, especially if you're using IE. The plugin is only 17.6mb so it's NOT taking up a lot of space on the drive in that's what your concern is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's a "plugin" for your browser, it CAN'T reside on another drive. It won't work. Since it's a plugin, it's part of your OS, essentially, especially if you're using IE. The plugin is only 17.6mb so it's NOT taking up a lot of space on the drive in that's what your concern is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I'm not really concerned about space I was just wanting the entire programs folder to be on a different drive so it would all be in one place. If space was a concern I could always use something like symmover to put the files on a different drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet explorer WON'T run from an external or other drive. It MUST run from the OS drive, so the Plugin MUST be on the C drive too or it won't function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are various articles on the Internet how to create the Program Files folders on an external hard drive.

However, Flash Player is installed in the Windows folder, which is where the operating system is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines