• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically display TOC & Open in a New Window

Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch my project on our Intranet two things happen

1 The TOC does not show - only a ‘Show’ link in the top left hand corner. Is there a way to get the TOC to open when the project is launched?

2 The second problem is that the project opens within the window of our Intranet page (so I loose about 20 to 30 mm of screen space) is it possible for the project to open full screen in it’s own window?

Thanks in advance

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the file that's shown in the "Start page" field at the top of the first window of the Generate wizard. (You can name that file anything you want; good web practice is to use index.htm.)

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2007 Mar 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Leon,

All worked according to plan bar the project opening in its own window – it still opens within the intranet window. Is there any setting that can launch the project in its own window full screen?

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2007 Mar 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If I understand what you want to do to launch the project, that process involves a couple of different activities:

-- Defining the window for the project to display in.
-- Creating a test "launch file" to call the project.

You'll define the window within RH and set it to launch maximized (or set its window placement settings to Top/Left = 0% and Height/Width = 100%).

Then you can create a launch file to test the help system's behavior. This is a little more complex, but here are the essentials:

1. Create an HTML file.

2. In the <head> section, place the call to the RoboHelp_CSH.js file as described in the RH online help:

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="RoboHelp_CSH.js">
</script>

3. Also in the heading portion, add a scriptlet to define the strPathAndWindow that the RoboHelp_CSH.js expects to see:

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
var strPathAndWindow=" path_to_start_page/index.htm> my_help_window_name";
</script>

4. In the body of the HTML, create a link to call your project:

<A HREF="javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, strPathAndWindow, HH_DISPLAY_TOC, 0)">Launch the help</a>

5. Save and close the HTML file.

6. Copy the HTML file and the RoboHelp_CSH.js file (found in the RoboHelp directories under Program Files) to your desired intranet location.

You may need to tweak the strPathAndWindow setting to get the pathing right, but if you put the launch and RoboHelp_CSH.js files in a directory above your WebHelp files, then you just have to set that path to "./index.htm>my_help_window_name".

Good luck,
Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp