• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

developer version on local machine crashed

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My devloper version on local machine crashed.

How should I to get it back?

Do I need uninstall it and download again from adobe web site or I can install one on top this one?

If I uninstall all the local web site and configuration like data source will be gone?

Your help and information is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Yes, I'd stop all of the services that start with "ColdFusion 10".  Then copy the clean .xml file into the lib folder, and restart the services.  Log in to CF Administrator, and reconfigure the datasources.  Once you have them configured and working, I'd make a copy of the .xml file in case it gets corrupted again.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by crashed?  Please provide specific information about the problem (error messages, stack traces, etc.).  Otherwise, no one will be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DataSource service is not available.

This exception is usually caused by service startup failure. Check your server configuration.

I got above error message while I tried to access

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

I can not access admin page and can not access any data source,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"10/02/13","14:04:17",,"Starting sql..."

"Error","pool-2-thread-1",

"10/02/13","14:04:18",,"WDDX packet parse error at line 1, column 22539. The value of attribute ""name"" associated with an element type ""var"" must not contain the '<' character.. "

"Error","pool-2-thread-1","

10/02/13","14:04:18",,"Unable to initialise SQL service: coldfusion.server.ServiceException: coldfusion.wddx.WddxDeserializationException: WDDX packet parse error at line 1, column 22587. The value of attribute ""name"" associated with an element type ""var"" must not contain the '<' character.."

Here is the information I got from log file,

Your help is great appreciated,

Regards,

Iccsi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make manual edits to the neo-datasource.xml file?  ColdFusion appears to be "barfing" on that file.  What did you do between when ColdFusion was working and when it stopped working?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not edit the file.

I installed SQL server 2012 Developer version today.

ColdFusion get error message after I installed SQL 2012  developer version.

It seems that ColdFusion can not start SQL server for some reason,

Any suggestions for this?

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion will not "start SQL Server".  SQL Server runs as a Windows service, and can be set to start up automatically when the computer starts (in much the same way ColdFusion can be set up to automatically start).  Installing SQL Server should have no effect on ColdFusion.  Now if the problem with ColdFusion came after configuring a datasource to use a SQL Server 2012 database, there are some known issues with CF10/SQL Server 2012 that may be addressed by installing the latest CF updates.

Did you configure a datasource to use a SQL Server 2012 database?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I did not configure any Datasource after installing SQL Server 2012 Developer version.

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need uninstall and re install or I can do some editing or get a brand new neo-datasource.xml file to fix the issue?

Thanks a million for the information and help,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could install CF10 Developer on another computer, or in a virtual machine to get a clean neo-datasource.xml file.  Then you could use a file comparison tool to see what is different in your file.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the log file excerpt, it looks like maybe a datasource was configured with some invalid characters in one of the attributes (name, database name, password, etc.).  Do you remember what values you entered when you created the last datasource?

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My neo-datasource.xml dated on Sep/20/2013,

it does not chang anything since Sep/20, so I do not set any data source after that date.

The only difference is I install SQL Server 2012.

Can I do any update CF10 without admin page?

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can install a second instance of CF10 on the same machine (unless you do the J2EE install thing).  But since the neo-datasource.xml file hadn't changed since before the SQL Server 2012 installation, that seems like a bit of a "red herring".  I can't think of a way that installing SQL Server would break a ColdFusion install, except maybe some IIS configuration conflicts.  But since you are connecting via the CF built-in server for the administration page (as indicated by the URL you referenced in your 2nd post above), that shouldn't be a factor either.

I'm pretty much out of ideas.  It sounds like an uninstall/reinstall of ColdFusion may be your next logical step.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just need to run the following exe to uninstall it, am I right?

It will clean everything, so I do not need go to control panel to uninstall program there.

Once Uninstall, wil it keep the web source code on the developer server or I need to do a backup.

Adobe web should have most update version with the fix for SQL 2012 you mentioned, Please let me know if I am wrong,

Thanks a million again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi,

C:\ColdFusion10\uninstall\Uninstall Adobe ColdFusion 10.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on where you put your web source code, you might want to make a backup (especially if you put it somewhere in C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\wwwroot).  And while that EXE file you list should work, I'd recommend going through the Control Panel if possible.  After the uninstall is complete, I'd make sure nothing was left behind in C:\ColdFusion10, reboot, and do a clean install using the latest installer (download the latest installer, as the installers were updated a few months back to incorporate the mandatory update and accomodate Windows 8/Server 2012).  To start, I'd skip integrating IIS (if you were using it at all).  Once installation is complete, go into the admin and install update 11 (the updaters are cumulative, so you only have to install the latest one).  Then, if you want to use IIS to front ColdFusion, run the web connector tool (WSCONFIG).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/763454

This thread has similar message,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading this thread, I beleive that I have clue now,

I had issue to connect SSL database server and I posted the issue at this forum.

Because I needed to reboot computer after SQL 2012 Developer version which make the file corrupt, just like this article.

Do you know any solution to fix neo-datasource.xml after connect to SSL?

If you do then I do not uninstall and re install the server,

Thanks again for helping,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dug into the ColdFusion10 installer and found a clean neo-datasource.xml file.  I put it in my Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2z58fhmv3qsnag/neo-datasource.xml

You'll have to make sure the ColdFusion service is not running, back up the corrupted .xml file, and copy this one into the \ColdFusion10\cfusion\lib folder.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping,

If this is the case, I just need to create all data source,

I will do,

Are there any way to find and modify to remove the bad one?

I just need go to service manager to stop all ColdFusion service, am I right?

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion Service.PNG

I just need to stop all above service and copy the clean to lib directory.

Please let me know if I am wrong,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd stop all of the services that start with "ColdFusion 10".  Then copy the clean .xml file into the lib folder, and restart the services.  Log in to CF Administrator, and reconfigure the datasources.  Once you have them configured and working, I'd make a copy of the .xml file in case it gets corrupted again.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million for helping,

It works, Thanks a million again,

It seems that CF10 has some issue to connect SSL server. I got an error message when I tried to connect a SSL server just like the other thread,

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can repeat and reproduce the problem, I'd file a bug with Adobe: ColdFusion Bugbase.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I install second instance for CF10?

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ssuggestions for this?

Before uninstall and reinstall it, I would like to know are there any chance to fix just to replace or modify a configuration file?

Does log file have any information for it?

Any SQL server installation will affect the web server?

If I need uninstall and reinstall any impact for my current web site and data source configuration?

Regards,

Iccsi,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation