• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-In Failure

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little over a month ago, I updated to the latest version of Flash Player and it suddenly stopped working properly. Some items work, some give me 'plug in failure'.

Works: Netflix, about 50% of YouTube videos

Doesn't work: the other 50% of YouTube videos, non YouTube videos, embedded audio files, that Flash test animation with the clouds

It's driving me crazy.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash 11.8 (more than once), including a clean uninstall making sure there are no leftover files in other locations on the computer.

I have uninstalled and installed older versions of Flash. I think it was 10.3 that worked for awhile, but now it seems all older versions say 'blocked plug-in' because apparently I "don't have the latest security updates" and should "update to the latest version of Flash". Frustrating, for obvious reasons. I have tried several older version including 10.1, 10.3, 11.1, 11.7, and all either give 'blocked plug-in' or 'plug-in failure'.

I've seen that other people have had similar issues but none seem to have been resolved.

I've anyone knows a solution OR an alternative to Flash Player, I'd really appreciate it. Maybe it's rude to ask that in a Flash forum but unless Adobe wants to go ahead and FIX this, I'm not feeling too bad about it.

I am using a 2010 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8 (willing to upgrade if that really is the problem), and the problem is consistent in all browsers: Safari 5.1.9, Firefox 23.0.1 ("The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed"), not really a Chrome user I was having other issues with that I can't check right now, but it seem Safari is not the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the EXACT same issue! 1/2 of YouTube videos don't work. Hulu does NOT work at all!  I'm running Mac OS X 10.9 on a 2.26 Duo. (sad i know).

I was running Chrome but when I checked my Activity Monitor it was using 987.23% of my processor. So I killed it and am now using Safari and FireFox. However now both of those browsers are just giving me a "plug-in failure".

I was just trying to watch http://www.hulu.com/watch/552963 and it started to load and play (audio and video) then went right back to "Plug-in Failure".

Virus?

-Aaron from WeBuyPinball.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aaron,

There IS NO SUCH THING as an OS X virus... never has been.

Chrome is a HUGE resource hog. I ununstalled it and will never allow it on my Mini again.

Try doing a Clean install: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

The ONLY step I'd deviate from is locating the Flash Player plugin manually. Do a Spotlight search of your Mac HD for "Flash Player.plugin" and trash EVERYTHING that appears in the results. THEN follow the other steps to reinstall and ensure it's enabled in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines