• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't see anymore in Robohelp 10 a pdf file in a chm file.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I can open the pdf file when the chm file is opened just after its edition.

But when I open again my chm file , the pdf file doesn't appear. There is just a small square with a white cross inside.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help narrow down the issue by providing us with further information. For example:

1. Is the PDF added as a baggage file inside the project or is it linked to from the project?

2. Is the problem just happening on your PC? What happens if the CHM is opened on another PC?

3. What version of RH are you using and what's your Windows OS?

It could be useful to see what your are seeing too. Can you post an image of the before and after state of the CHM using the camera icon on the thread's toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The PDF file is added as a baggage file inside the project.

2. I tested on different PC. Here are the details.

Only one people can see the pdf file in the chm.

Users.JPG

3. Version of RH : 10.0.0.287.

4. The link in my chm file.

CHMFile.JPG

5. No PDF file.

PDFNo.JPG

6. PDF file OK.

PDFOk.JPG

I hope these informations will be useful.

Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you for going to the trouble of providing the table of each user's setup. It was most helpful. You can tell you are a technical communicator

The fact that some users can see the PDF, and that even you can once after the CHM is generated, narrows down the issue somewhat. We know the issue can't be with your project. I suspect the problem is related to how the PDF was generated or some sort of setup issue. I admit to not being familiar with Foxit. Was this used to create the PDF or do the three users that can't see the PDF also have Foxit installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The PDF are created with Adobe PDF or PDF creator but never with Foxit which isn't installed on my PC.

As explained in the table, the three users that can't see the PDF files haven't Foxit installed on their PC.

I agree with you, the issue is certainly due to the PDF generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp