• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Disappeared Suddenly

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 7 and have the PC message at the bottom of the screen that tells me that I need to resolve an issue with Flash Player.  When I click on it, it tells me that it has been removed from my computer.  I have not removed it and I have no idea why it disappeared.  I did a full system scan with Norton which did not find anything and a separate malware scan which did not detect anything either.  There are no other problems on my computer and everything else is running smoothly.

I then tried to go download it from Adobe's website and get a page that has no install or download button.  I tried pressing enter and tabbing but to no avail.  I don't know how to install it without the button.  It won't allow me to do anything.  I tried searching for it on my computer, and the only thing that it finds is a read me file.  Should I see if it is listed under add/remove programs and if it is, completely uninstall it and try that? 

Please help!  I am scared that my computer is infected with something although everything is clear when I scan it. 

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance that you can give me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

If you go to YouTube and right click ANY video, and you see a menu like this:

FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg

Flash Player is installed, and the notices you're seeing are most likely coming from malware or adware.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to YouTube and right click ANY video, and you see a menu like this:

FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg

Flash Player is installed, and the notices you're seeing are most likely coming from malware or adware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you find that it is adware that you are infected with, often times your virus detectors aren't going to be able to come up with it.  Google your specific messages that you see and you should be able to confirm quickly if there are some common experiences out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines