• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I received automatic download of mcnafee with adobe flashplayer and since then probs with computer.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloading adobe fp.comes with probs from malware such as macnafee. i dont need this i have my own which i paid for.! Why would some security service be offering free if its not some malware progarm... i just seleted mcnafee and flashplayer is no more..... So there is something very fishy about this as we all know now.... How do we get adobe without some other crap being downloaded same time...and why is adobe flashplayer free and Camera Raw why is it free.??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mantiboa892 wrote:

How do we get adobe without some other crap being downloaded same time...

By unchecking the optional 3rd-party add-ons

3rd-party.PNG

or by using the offline installers

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for reply. However i have tried downloading this now 6times and doest not get installed and a message comes up close skype and interenet ex. but these are closed.so something is wrong. 3rd party add ons cannot find in my comp ..only manage addons. Also flashplayer disappeared from facebook several months ago and a few weeks ago i downloaded from here and it was back again ....when i saw mcfee security i deleted it cos i didnt want that i have my own security... and like otheres have mentioned here that there was no option for ths mcfee. Then a few days ago i saw that it had been changed and mcfee could be unchecked if not wanted....that was not there about a month ago. But now as i said it wont install and getting incorrect messages saying that other programs are open when they are not. In the past we got automatic updates for these Adobe installments. When i think of how much money i have spent on Adobe soft ware Dreamweaver and photoshop .....i think this is not a good service.... so it will not install following the above instructions ...so what next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to end both Skype and Internet Explorer in order for the install to complete; see How to close Internet Explorer and other programs running on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean close them?+ i didnt have to close them before. End them ??? what does that mean.??That doesnt sound right .....this was never the case before. Can you explain what you mean by END ...So complicated now...why? aldo WHY did flashplayer vanish when i deleted mcfee security from computer?? Fishy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the FAQ article that I linked?

Anything that uses Flash Player must be closed during the Flash Player installation; that has always been the case since I started using Flash Player sometime in the last century.

Flash Player and McAfee are in no way linked; FP will not "vanish" when you uninstall McAfee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is closed!!!!!. and as i said i downloaded flashplayer ok ffew weeks ago and no issues with skype or internet explorer. bullshit.. So why would it vanish all by itself?? Are you an expert in Adobe. or what or is this just your opinion.? if its just your opinion then keep it..no use to me.. and i know when deleteing mcfee flashplayer vanishe cos i use skype and fb every day.. there was alink ,,, for sure as mcfee would not be downloaded simultaneously with adobe flash, you cant give a single reason why i was able to download flash without concern with skype or int ex. or anything else that uses flash. THEY ARE CLOSED  has mothing to do with it. Anybody else here with some logical answers..????not you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you wish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines