• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop text tool - Tamil fonts.

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Tamil fonts in Photoshop, the letters are correctly getting displayed in layers palette in tthe corresponding text layes, but the same in document not getting displayed properly, the letters are misplaced. Same with Illustrator also. Donno wats the issue. Can some one help me to solve this. Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guru ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC (latest version) supports Indic languages. Check below message from a previous thread. Previous versions, I'm afraid not. There might be a plugin out there for Photoshop but I'm not sure. I know for Indesign there is In-tools.com but not sure about Photoshop.

• 42.David Mohr,Jun 20, 2013 11:35 AM   in reply to RahzahReport

No worries about it.  I'm mostly trying to help you.  Your other post, the first one, contained the information that explained your situation for me.  I explained what I would do if I were you there. The MENA (Middle East and North African) composer is the one that handles Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew.  As of Photoshop CC aka 14.0, it also handles ten Indic languages, such as Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, etc. Hope this helps,Shukran,David

Was this helpful? Yes   No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ellis home. The issue got solved. That David's message which you pasted above was really helpful.                                   

In preferences-->Type-->Text Engine options I selected 'Middle Eastern', previousy it was 'East Asia', after that the Tamil letters are getting displayed correctly. Thanks a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got sorted it out. Now we know a new trick. :>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anna ,Edit: preferences then : type :

And click;Middle Asia .......

And close ur ps then use 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines