• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot authorize Adobe in OverDrive for e-books. Get error E_ADEPT_UNKNOWN. I have an I-pad.

Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot authorize Adobe in overdrive for ebooks on my ipad.  Recently updated with iOS 7 and the problems started.  I've reinstalled overdrive, cleared cache, etc., changed my adobe password 3 times, still no luck.  Continue getting same error E_ADEPT_UNKNOWN.  Been in contact with Overdrive, still nothing.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes Overdrive has issues with authorization (I have seen from other posts, not experienced).

Try the Bluefire app and see if that will authorize.

If it does, you can use it instead of Overdrive to read Adobe DRM books such as library books; but can’t use it to borrow them.

Also...   Even though registration is done via the app, it applies to the device rather than the specific app.  It may be that registering Bluefire causes Overdrive to start working, but I’ve never seen that confirmed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines