• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I reattach highlights to a file i moved

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved a pdf book i have. i have extensive highlights and notes in it, and now they are gone.

Where does adobe store my highlights and notes and how do I link them back to my pdf file?

I think i see them in my documents under adobe digital editions under annotations - I guess, but I can't find the program how to "relink" them.

thanks and Happy Day.

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think ADE provides an interface for this.

If you are not technical, probably moving the file back where it started is your best bet.

If you are at all technical, try editing the file mainfest.xml in your Digitial Editions directory.

(Using an editor like Notepad++ rather than Notepad will make this much easier.)

You will see entries for each book, with a field that looks something like ...

<de:annotationsFileLink>Annotations/Crime_and_Punishment_3.annot</de:annotationsFileLink>

Change that to point correctly to your annotations file.

1. Do the editing with ADE closed, and open it after
  2. Take a backup copy of the file before messing around with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. I looked into it. it would be a little more involved. this was listed as an external pdf file. it would not be practical for me to do this everytime i move a file.  It seems I can use adobe reader to do what I need. saving the file can take a while in adobe reader, but i can't really aford a full pdf editor, so it will do. that for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines