• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install new flash player on Mac 10.5.8

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook version 10.5.8 and recently I have discovered I cannot watch videos or do anything that requires Flash Player because the version I have is out of date. However, when I try to download the new version, it tells me I cannot install it because the most recent version is only for Mac 10.6-10.9.

I cannot purchase a new computer right now but I need to use Flash Player! Is there another version of Flash I can install that will work on Mac 10.5.8 and allow me to watch videos, etc.? Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Mac a PowerPC?  If so, you are out of luck.  If it's an Intel processor, upgrading your Mac OS will allow newer Flash Player versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My processor is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. So if I just do a software update for the operating system, it will work? Do I have to buy the new OS from Apple or can I just do the update on my computer? (I am out of the US with no access to an Apple store!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

The download is no longer available. The UK Apple store had it till August of this year, but it's gone now. You can order it for $19.99  (£14.00) from either of those links. They ship internationally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines