• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 .cpd files in same project--a problem?

Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a large Robohelp 7 HTML project (3,280 files in db), that was cloned from an existing project.  Whenever I open it, it hangs at "Loading DB Info..." for an hour or more.  It's CPU Usage swells to 50-60% of CPU capacity, and the Memory Usage will stay bloated at 185MB (vs. about 4MB for the old source project)

Also, when I "Save All" the first time each day, it hangs up for an hour or two.  After that, "Save All" (and everything else) functions normally... 

I notice that the cloned project now has 2 .cpd files (and 2 corresponding .brs files)--a normal-sized one (4MB) carrying the old source project's name, and another humonguous .cpd file (85MB) with the new cloned project's name.  Could this be a symptom or cause of my opening and saving problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bloated CPD may very well be causing a slow project. You can safely delete the CPD files (RoboHelp will create a new one when you reopen the project.)

If you want to be sure, make a backup of the CPD files just as a precaution.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to what Willam has said, can you tell us what you mean by "cloned". I ask because it is not normal to have two of any project file in the same directory. Whilst deleting the CPD files may solve this issue, I wonder if you'll get other issues further down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cloned" isn't a very good description...  I created the new project by copying the entire DB of the old source project, then renamed the new project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Define DB. You can create a new project by copying the whole project but if you are only copying parts nothing would surprise me.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks for the help… I had copied an entire project—I was leary of just copying parts.

Deleting the .cpd files fixed all of my problems it seems…

Cheers,

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp