• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I display all records as a end user?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am applying for jobs with the state and every week they publish a list of new positions that have just been posted on the following link: https://forms.spb.ca.gov/bulletins/weekly.cfm

and also at http://jobs.spb.ca.gov/wvpos/search_p_ejv.cfm?classcode=5393&criteria=associate%20governmental

It is a .cfm but only displays 15 records at a time, I was wondering if there is a tag or way to have it display all 300 something records at once?  My ultimate goal is to get just the full table into a excel spreadsheet while retaining the HTML formatting so the links still work.

My thought is that the state has set it up this way to only display a set number of records at a time, the data is not private or protected, I am simply seeking a easier way to access it in aggregate.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you control the .cfm i.e. can edit it, you need need to use startrow and maxrows in your <cfquery> to utilise pagination and control how many records are displayed at once e.g. <cfoutput query="getData" startrow="10" maxrows="20">.  If you want to display all records at once, remove the startrow and maxrows from the <cfquery>.

If you don't have access to the .cfm template you will have to ask the person who authored it to see if it supports any parameters to allow it to display all records (or try and guess them :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your best hope is to ask the author of the CFM whether they provide any web service that can get you that data when you call it.  like.

https://forms.spb.ca.gov/webservice.cfc?method=getJobsPostings&key={key_goes_here}

There's a chance they may be regulating performance on the resultset, and don't want to return that many records at a time, pagination or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your replies.  I have tried modifying startrows and maxrows.. startrows works exactly as one would expect it to, however whenever maxrows is set above 20, it sets itself to 20 (even though it will display maxrows=50, it will only give you 20 results). 

I believe your responses confirm my initial thought that they are purposefully limiting the results to 20/page and my options are to copy paste 20 at a time or find a way to custom scrape the data..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation