Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Flash Player Audio

Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost Flash Player Audio. To hopefully fix, I downloaded Flash Player 11 ActiveX Ver. 11.8.800.175 and got an "Installation Complete". However, the Flash Player Checker at adobe.com tells me when I do a "Check Now" that it is "Not Installed". I uninstalled and downloaded 3 times, but still get the "Not Installed" message. I continue to get video but no audio. My browser is Internet Explorer Ver. 10 and my OS is Windows 7. Please let me know what you think I should do to get back the audio?

Thanks,    Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is on Youtube, unmute the sound.  Change

ytmute.PNG

to

ytsound.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, thanks for your response. I had already made sure on several attempts that I was unmuted prior to posting my problem. This is not the cause of my problem.   Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked system sound settings?  Do you have sounds from other apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello C.F. McBlob,

I was previously getting sound from an MP3 App when I lost sound with Flash Player. I subsequently checked for sound with the MP3 App and was still getting sound. At that point I wrongly deducted my sound problem was with Flash Player. Well, the real cause of my problem turns out to be an intermittent operational problem with my speakers which I made a bandaid repair to after my dog chewed through the very fine speaker wire a year or so ago. I think its about time I spend $20 and get some new speakers. Thanks to your reply, I once again checked for sound with other apps and discovered my speakers were the problem. I will withdraw my post. Thank you and everyone else who took the time to read and think about my post.

Regards,  Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good job, dog....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines