• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: 404 - Page Not Found when linking to PDF file from search results (Firefox)

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 to generate WebHelp output from a Windows 7 system.

My help project includes a handful of user guides in PDF format. The PDF files have been added to baggage files and I link to them from help topics without any issue. The PDF files appear in the webhelp search results and when clicked from the search results, a 404-Page Not Found error appears in the right pane.  It seems that the path to the file includes a backslash (\) just before the filename instead of a forward slash (/). If I open the link in a new window and manually change the path to use a forward slash then the PDF file opens.

When I link to the PDF file from search results, the path looks like this (resulting in 404 Page Not Found):

https://platform/help/pdf\user_guide.pdf

When I link to the PDF file from a topic, the path looks like this (works as expected):

https://platform/help/pdf/user_guide.pdf

How do I fix the path in the search results?

Message was edited by: ttrujillo Just realized that this only seems to be an issue in Mozilla Firefox. I'm using Firefox 8.0.1. I do not have a problem with the links in IE 9 or Google Chrome 16.0.912.63 m.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for having posted that update about it only being in Firefox. Today I've been trying to solve the same problem in my own (live) project, and thanks to you I checked and now know that it only occurs in Firefox (24.0); not in Chrome, IE, or Safari. Bizarrerie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp