• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Not Install Photoshop Elements 12: Error

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install Photoshop Elements 12 I get an error early on in the install. 

Installing on Mac.  OS 10.8.5. 

The log is...

Exit Code: 15

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

ERROR: Media DB Error : 12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What causes this error and how can I fix it.

Thanks..

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the following help document:

Exit code 15 installing | CCM, CS6 -

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/exit-code-15-installing-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ned, thanks for the swift reply. Regarding the link you referenced, it has three suggestions. I tried #1 - repairing permissions - but no success. I'm a little hesitant to try solution #2 since it means removing every preference file on my machine, regardless of the application. I have a lot of application installed and this seems to be a very high risk "shot in the dark". Option #3 is simply to contact Adobe - which brought me to this forum.

Thanks...

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please re-start your machine & try installing again?

If that doesn't work, would you please share the following information:

1. Are you installing from an ESD (downloaded media) or a DVD? If it is an ESD, what is the size of the installer? With this one, I just wanted to be sure that the media was downloaded correctly.

2. Do you have other Adobe products installed on your machine?

Thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shefali,

Thanks for your note.

I re-started the machine and still get the same error.

I reference to your questions...

1. I am using DVD to install. Just FYI, I installed it on my laptop with no issues.

2. Yes, I do have quite a few Adobe Products installed on my machine.

Acrobate 9 Pro, 10 Pro

Bridge CS3, 4, 5, 6

Device Central CS4, 5

Configurator

Dreamweaver CS4

Drive CS4

Elements 8, 9, 10, 11

Extension Manager CS4, 5, 6

Fireworks CS4

Flash CS4

Help Viewer 1.1

Illustrator CS4, 6

InDesign CS4, 5, 6

Lightroom, 2, 3, 4, 5

Media Encoder CS4, 5, 6

Media Player

Photoshop CS3, 4, 5, 6

Premiere Elements 11

Stock Photos Cs3

Support Advisor

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreatPhotography,

That's a good big list

Could you please share the following logs and files for us to figure out the exact issues here?

1. /library/logs/Installers/Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 12.0 <latest date>.log.gz,

2. /library/logs/Installers/Adobe Setup Error*.log.gz

3. Please send all the contents of the folder: /library/pplication Support/Adobe/caps

(you might like to compress it before sending)

4. /Users/<user name>/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

(Since this library is a hidden folder, you could easily reach this one by opening a Finder window. Click Menu Go > Go To Folder. Write ~/libray and press enter. Go to logs in this ~/library folder now & you'd see PDApp.log)

Thanks much.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not going to be much help today.

1.  Can not locate  (See attached screen shot)

2.  Can not locate

3.  Can not locate

4.  See attached

2013-10-8-001.jpg

Don't know how to add a data file to this forum so am including link for download.

PDApp.log link:  (file zipped up 370k)

https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6b678a60666fb9a766

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreatPhotography,

Not to worry. I'd then request you to run the following commands one by one on terminal. This would simply copy required logs to a folder in /Applications.

Here are the exact steps to follow:

1. Open terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal); please copy & paste each of the following commands one by one on to the terminal and click enter each time after pasting:

mkdir -pv /Applications/AdobeLogs

cp -R /library/logs/Adobe/Installers /Applications/AdobeLogs

cp -R "/library/Application Support/Adobe/caps" /Applications/AdobeLogs/caps

You'd notice that AdobeLogs is created in Applications

2. Please share the following files from /Applications/AdobeLogs:

( i) Installers\Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 12.0 <latest date>.log.gz

(ii) Installers\Adobe Setup Error*.log.gz

(iii) Whole of caps folder

3. You may later delete AdobeLogs folder from Applications

Thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shefali,

Per your request, I'm unable to send you the Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 12.0 .log.gz file. It does not exist.

There are Photoshop Elements logs for version 6, several for version 8, two for version 9 and one each for version 10 and 11. I can only assume the install process crashes even before a log is started.

Please see attached...

Thanks...

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreatPhotography,

I couldn't find any attachment but that's ok because I understood that there are no Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 12.0 .log.gz logs.

How about the rest of the two points:

(ii) Installers\Adobe Setup Error*.log.gz

(iii) Whole of caps folder

Would you please send these across? If there's something we could make right in your caps folder, we'd like to see it. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid you might have to use the cleaner tool: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html & install product(s) again.

thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shefali,

Aparently this forum email does not support attachments and if I go onto the online forum the only thing I see is a way to attach an image file. How can I send a zip or log file to you?

Thanks.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreatPhotography,

Would you be able to share the files the way you shared pdapp.log with me?

Alternatively, please send it on to my adobe id.

thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2013 Oct 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See link,

https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8b6b678e585f6da86f9f

Thanks.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GreatPhotography,

Thanks for sharing the files. The media_db file in the folder you shared is empty (it is just 1 KB in size). So, something has gone wrong corrupting the file. Do you have Casper Sky installed on your machine or any other third party software that you think might have caused this damage?

Just to be sure that this couldn't be a copy paste error, would you please check the size of the media_db.db file in the following path on your machine:

"/library/Application Support/Adobe/caps"?

If it is sure that the afrementioned file is corrupted, then installation/uninstallation of any adobe product could cause you trouble. Then, our options are:

1. Uninstalling adobe products & installing again on a cleaned up machine & take a back of the required folders for any such future instance

2. rename this folder and try intsalling PSE 12 & live with install/uninstall problems of rest of the products; the corruption of this file might also mean issues with updates for some.

thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2013 Oct 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shefali,

I verified that the media_db.db file is only 1 byte.

I don't know what Casper Sky is? Possibly Kaspersky Antivirus. Either way, there is a Kaspersky.app file in the Applications folder but it was a trial version that was installed in 2010 and has not been active since.

The only thing that I think may have damaged this file is Adobe CC.

I subscribed to Adobe CC and initially installed one application. A new version of the Application Manager was downloaded and since that time I have not been able to install any Adobe CC product or this Elements 12 product.

Can I assume that these are related?

Also, if the fix is deleting all the Adobe products and reinstalling I'll need a clear explanation on how to clean the machine up. I don't understand your step 1 below.

Thanks..

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

We're not sure why this media db corruption happened on your machine. We can have a connect session with you to figure our what might've caused the issue (Adobe connect is: http://my.adobeconnect.com/). I'll send you the invite once we decide upon the timings.

Would you be available anytime between 9:30 AM IST to 6:30 PM IST for the session? If not, what time before/after this time slot be ok with you?

thanks.

~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummm, let's see.

IST.

It can either be Irish Summer Time, Israeli Standard Time, Iran Standard Time or India Standard Time.

I can only assume it's India Standard Time. If so, that would be 11:00pm to 8:00am my time (Central Standard Time).

Can you give me some idea as to how long you think such a session would take and, knowing that the file is corrupt, what real outcome can there be aside from trashing every Adobe application and starting from scratch.

Also, if I delete all the Adobe applications, will this give me a clean machine to reinstall?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

You're right. It'll be Indian Standard Time

This session should take 30-45 minutes. In the session, Adobe installer expert team would try to find out the root cause of the problem. Also, taking a closer look at the machine would help understand if there's another/better work-around than just cleaning up the previous installations.

Deleting all Adobe Applications might not mean a clean machine because there might be other softwares installed on your machine and anyways we dont need to completley clean the machine of all softwares

thanks.
~ Shefali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines