• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with text formatting

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to RoboHelp and I am trying to write some more text in an existing project in design view. I use Track Changes and have set the text to be Times New Roman 12pt. When I made a line italic it turned into Arial. I tried to change it to Times once again by selecting the text to format and then choose Format/ Font/ Times New Roman but it won´t change, it is still Arial. Earlier in the text I managed to make a line italic and Times New Roman.

Anyone who knows what to do?

(I use RoboHelp 10 with Windows 7 Professional.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the 'Styles and Formatting' pod displayed? If not, go to View > Pods > Styles and Fomatting to display it. Now click on the text that you want to change. Do you see a format assigned to it?  If so, you will see the Style bordered in blue in the pod view, and you will need to change the Style itself. It will look like this and you will need to change the formatting in the 'Styles' window:

Capture4.png

If you do change the style formatting, any text on the page that is assigned the same style will change as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just applied an inline style which is what I think CatJonne had done, then I changed the text to italic, then bold, then underlined. Nothing changes the selection from the inline font, which should be how it works. I suspect something other style is kicking in somehow.

Can you post a screenshot of the HTML from a point before to a point after where the problem occurs?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could also be the CSS. If the default  is set in WebHelp Settings to 'Apply to all Topics', the text in design view will look correct but the generated page(s) may have re-set the formatting and cause it to look different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for input!

Yes, I think it was an inline style I made.

I managed to get the text as I wanted to by deleting it, then I choose a style from the ‘Styles and Formatting’ pod that matched and retyped the text. (To me it seems strange to have to do this. I thought that I could change an inline style by highlighting the text and choose the font I want it to bee from the ‘Formatting’ toolbar.)

Now I have another (but similar) text formatting problem:

I copy a text that has style set to Normal. When I insert the text (on a line with style Normal) the font changes from Times New Roman to Arial. The inserted text still has the style Normal. I have in the ‘Styles and Formatting’ pod checked that Normal still has Times New Roman by opening the ‘Styles’ window. (I still have ‘Track Changes’ turned on.)

HTML_formatting problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generate the output. Does it go back to Times New Roman in the output? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, forgot to mention. I did generate the output and clicked ‘View Result’. The text is still Arial, it didn’t change back to Times New Roman in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp