Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player doesn't work?!?

Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed and uninstalled many times!  I have a macbook 10.6.8 and my last update killed the flash player (along with a few other things).  Apple said to use Safari, however Flash player will not work.  All videos are simply a black box with no audio or video.  I've even tried to use it with Firefox.  Same problem. 

It claims to install correctly.  The process flows just fine.  Yet when I try to use it or verify that it's installed, I get nothing.  HELP!!! 

(and Thank you!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari>Preferences>Security

Make sure "Allow all other plugins" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's checked.  I figured it would be something simple like that, so I appreciate your help.  Unfortunately, it's already checked.  Any other suggestions?

I've gone through the Adobe trouble shooting pages several times.  Still nothing.  I'm officially confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Trash the old plugins and do a fresh install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so very strange!

I followed the clean install info EXACTLY as it said.  When it was completed, nothing would play, despite the facet that the "allow other plug-ins" box WAS checked.  So I said to myself, maybe if I UN-check and RE-check it something will work.  While it was UN-checked a you-tube video did play.....so I attempted another....nothing.  I RE-checked and restarted the computer.  Nothing!  Every website (tried HBO, Youtube, and Hulu all on Safari AND on Firefox just in case)......all tell me that I need the "latest version of Adobe Flash player".  

I believe it was HBO that said version 10.2 minimum and I believe the version I"m attempting to install is 11.9.

And I thank you kindly for any additional suggestions.  I promise you that I'm following these directions word for word....something is clearly wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this: Reset Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines