• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spacebar shortcut for hand tool not working in Photoshop CC - have tried closing all other programs

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spacebar shortcut for hand tool is not working in Photoshop CC - as suggested in this form & others I have tried closing all other programs with no result. I have also reset photoshop to default settings & this did not make any difference either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Hi, can you take a look at this forum thread please?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4411318#4411318

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without system information, nobody can even begin to advise.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you take a look at this forum thread please?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4411318#4411318

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a software conflict. I went through this today. When I did a search in Adobe foruns actually found tha answer on the Illustrator forum:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1027227?

What the problem for me was an app called - 1Password.  I had opened it, but not given my password to login and it was on in the background. As soon as I quit 1Password, the spacebar Hand Tool worked.

Then I opened 1Password again, and logged in. This time the spacebar works.

Others mentioned conflict with Spotify. And Chrome too. Couple other things. Read that thread in the link above.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8

Go to  Metro UI> Settings > PC and Devices > Trackpad > Touchpad - 

• Deactivate the Touchpad Delay.

Also:

I used a different wireless mouse which worked fine. The issue is possibly related to Mouse/Touch problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks you so much, I did many thing; It didn't work at all.

This way its work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2014 May 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you need to press the f key a couple of times until you are in full screen mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hand tool doesn't work in Photoshop CC 2014. I'll try restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just had this happen for the first time today with PS CC 2014.  I closed all my programs and shut the computer down.  then restarted and it started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution on my 2013 Toshiba Satellite laptop was turning off SmartSense by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Mouse/Mouse Properties > Device Settings (the last tab with the red leaf icon) > Settings (button under the device list) > Click on SmartSense > Click on gear icon > Move slider from "Max" to "Off" > Click close > Viola!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines