• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Flash Player but not working

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly downloaded Flash Player but when I try to view a video I get a message that I need to download FP.  When I look in the programs list it's not there but when I go to the uninstall list it appears there.  When I do a search with Chrome the url shows as search.conduit.  I know that this is malware.  Is this a known issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player ISN'T a program. It's a browser plugin. It won't appear in your programs for that reason.
Downloading is one thing, Installing is another entirely.

Follow the instructions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mkennedy1948 wrote:

When I do a search with Chrome the url shows as search.conduit.  I know that this is malware.

From where did you download Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Adobe site. I double checked the site URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

search.conduit doesn't come from Adobe or have anything to do with it. You probably got infected from a site that linked to Adobe.

Chrome is one of the primary targets for distributors of this virus. Now I have another reason not to use it.

To get rid of it, download and run TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. It's pretty throrough with things like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion, although the Kaspersky tool didn’t find any threats – as the program defined them at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search Conduit is not malware, browser hijacker at worse. See: http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2012/01/searchconduitcom-uninstall-guide.html

The problem is that some video streaming sites display misleading ads saying that you need to update Flash Player. The downloader is usually bundled with other apps, mostly adware and browser hijackers like Search conduit. However, it's not a part of Flash Player, it's just a dodgy downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neil, It's purely semantics, but a browser hijacker is, by definition, "malware"

Malware, short for malicious software, is software used to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems. It can appear in the form of code, scripts, active content, and other software. 'Malware' is a general term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software.

I just installed search conduit on my Win 8 desktop to see what all it go into. It took over EVERY browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari) and ANYTHING I tried to search redirected to searchconduit.com. Even address entries directly in the bar redirected.  THAT disrupts computer operation, because it eliminates the ability to go directly to an address that isn't already bookmarked or in history. "Malware"

Even the link you posted is deletemalware.blogspot.com 

Point is: It's unwanted, malicious and fortunately, it can be removed. But.... as you rightly pointed out, It didn't come from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines