Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 Dev Ed on Win8/IIS8

Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a couple of hours of errors and googling, I finally got the dev edition of CF10 to install.  The admin page at localhost/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm is blank, as with every cfm/cfml page on my server.

Can anyone give me some advice to get this running? 

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Are you, by chance, using an old installer package?

CF10 support for Win2012 and IIS8 was added around March of this year.  I wonder if you're using an older installer that isn't properly taking ths into account. 

Try downloading CF10 Developer from Adobe (choose x86 or x64 as applicable) and see if using that installer works for you (If you have a license, you can pop it into the CF Admin after install and unlock it to Standard/Enterprise).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a CFIDE and jakarta virtual directory setup in IIS under the same site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not...just set up a virtual directory mapping to /coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE.

***correction to previous post...when browsing to new virtual directory the page is still blank.  No errors, just a white page.

Never seen this!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, CF10 cannot function without the jakarta virtual directory.

Create one at the site root and point it to:

C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1

As for the '1' folder, check to see how many folders you have in there.  1 should be there, but if you have more, that means you ran the connector multiple times and created more instances.  Once the virtual directory is created, try re-running the ColdFusion.  Also, for S&G, make sure all the ColdFusion services are running.

Also, by default, there should be a CFIDE virtual directory (to the address you specified).  CF uses this to access resources it needs for certain operations.  There are security issues involved if this is a public site (You'll want to restrict access to many CFIDE resources), but CFIDE and jakarta need to exist at site root.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Aegis...the CFIDE virtual directory was not there by default. 

Also there is no 1 folder in the coldfusion10\config\wsconfig directory.  I can create this but there should be something in it, right?  Or no?

I'm wondering if this install has just gone south all together.  I ran the exe as admin and set the compatibility to Win7.

Thanks again,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprising.  I'm guessing since this is on IIS8/Win2012 that the install requires something more than the default next, next, finish.  During install, it should have setup the CFIDE and jakarta folder on the sites you specified.

On your programs list, do you have an entry for ADOBE > COLDFUSION 10 > WEB SERVER CONFIGURATION TOOL?

Personally, I'm running on Win7Prox64/CF10/IIS7.5 (Win2008R2DataCenter at work) and it all works fine.  Yes, the '1' folder should have about 6 or so files in it, so just creating the folder won't help here.  My hope is that if you re-run the WSCT, you can re-create the bindings needed.

On a side note, can you check to see if CF created handlers for the CF-related file extensions in IIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web server config tool is blank, and I can't add anything, warning box says supported versions are 4, 5, 6, and 7x.  V8 installed.  I have googled this warning message but still haven't found anything helpful.

There are no handlers that I see for CF related file extensions. 

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you, by chance, using an old installer package?

CF10 support for Win2012 and IIS8 was added around March of this year.  I wonder if you're using an older installer that isn't properly taking ths into account. 

Try downloading CF10 Developer from Adobe (choose x86 or x64 as applicable) and see if using that installer works for you (If you have a license, you can pop it into the CF Admin after install and unlock it to Standard/Enterprise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aegis...I just downloaded a fresh exe from adobe and the new version is listed at 14.0.0, my file was 12.0.0.  So I must have downloaded this one some time back.

I just uninstalled and re-ran the newer exe and now I'm able to get to the cf admin page.  There is a cfadmin and jakarta virtual directory in iis now.

So, I haven't gone any further as far as my apps but I think this may do the trick.  Thank you for your input and help!!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear buddy!  Now go make some beautimous web apps! 8:D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation