• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there built-in sounds to use for correct and incorrect ?

Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.8.5

Captivate 7

I started working with this about two months ago, and seem to remember coming across ready-to-go sound effects for drag and drop success and failure. If they do exist, what are the file names? I think I may have inadvertently deleted them.

But starting was such a morass of cluelessness that I'm not even sure my memory is right.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

@RIck, she never did setup the sounds indeed.

But in the Gallery\Sound there is a subfolder DragDrop. It has an IncorrectSound.wav and 3 soundx.wav files. Probably those were used.

@dowbright to avoid you having to reinstall, I zipped that folder (you cannot upload wav's) and put it on acrobat.com. Here is link: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=iEfx4X-dl2TU*MC*NMDSZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the sounds in the installation folder of Captivate\Gallery\Sound? I don't know about specific sounds for D&D...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did. Included is a botched sound file I created, and I fear it may have replaced something that came in the Gallery. In Pooja's video on drag and drop with audio, little sounds happen, but in the tutorial she never sets them up. A tink and an alert sound that it's the wrong choice seem to just happen. It doesn't happen on mine. I've scoured that video and don't see where she sets it up, and that's why I wondered if I'd accidentally changed or deleted something. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are going to use a specific video where you saw something as an example, it's very helpful if you provide a link that points to the video you are referring to.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RIck, she never did setup the sounds indeed.

But in the Gallery\Sound there is a subfolder DragDrop. It has an IncorrectSound.wav and 3 soundx.wav files. Probably those were used.

@dowbright to avoid you having to reinstall, I zipped that folder (you cannot upload wav's) and put it on acrobat.com. Here is link: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=iEfx4X-dl2TU*MC*NMDSZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lilybiri! I ended up not needing your file, but thank you so very much for posting in case I did. Incredible help.

I do still have the files. How I could look at that folder the hundred times I did and NOT notice the DragDrop folder I will never know. It's as if I was blind to it! Tunnel vision, I guess.

My great thanks to you both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Captiv8r! I worried that posting links might be bad form. Pretty ridculous to have thought it, given that it's Adobe' own vid! I searched adobe.com for the video but it didn't turn up. Here's where I found it originally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtybpsmiyc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources