Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues when linking between projects

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2007 Mar 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been creating HTML help with RH X5 for a few years, but am new to creating WebHelp (still with X5).

I've run accross a couple of issues that I'm having problems with and hope someone can help me:

-- Is there a way to link to a separate WebHelp project in a new window, and maintain the window properties of the project that I'm linking to? Currently, regardless of the window settings in my project, the window size is the same as the project that calls it.

-- I'm trying to set up a clear process for linking between projects, but am finding the paths more difficult to predict than in HTML help. Are there any tips for quick and easy linking between projects?

Thanks in advance!

- Kathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2007 Mar 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kathy -

You asked:
"Is there a way to link to a separate WebHelp project in a new window, and maintain the window properties of the project that I'm linking to?"

You would need to use JavaScript and know the size of the called WebHelp.

You commented:
"Currently, regardless of the window settings in my project, the window size is the same as the project that calls it."

That is correct...it is the operating system default behavior.

You asked:
"Are there any tips for quick and easy linking between projects?"

Well thought out preparation, attention to detail, and rigid compliance by all (good luck).

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 28, 2007 Mar 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Kathy:

The browser size is user-centric; that's why both appear in the same size window.

When creating your links, ensure that you have all the folders copied to your machine in the correct directory structure. RH will create relative links based on that structure. (Don't be fooled by the absolute path it shows in the UI window after you've selected the file; if you re-select the link properties you'll find that RH modified the link to relative manner.)

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp