• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe password reset & Sony e-reader implications

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just reset my password with Adobe but not sure what I need to do to promulgate the changes through to my laptop (windows) and the Sony e-reader software to allow books to downloand and sync with bookstore account without losing any of my previous downloads.  I have just downloaded ADE 2.0 based on online support but no idea what to do next and cannot afford to lose existing books. Not sure about de-authorizing and authorizing and if that will cause grief.

Advice appreciated as this is not my area of expertise and once it was set up several years ago I have not had to touch it (apart from software updates) so am like a baby learning to walk again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, I'd leave it well alone and see how things work.

If they don't work, ask again with more details.

I think (not sure) that once the authorization has been made to the underlying AdobeID, that authorization remains.

The device doesn't recheck the current password (or even the current email) associated with the AdobeID,

and things just go on working.

I had to change my Adobe password recently (after the breach in the Adobe security)

and didn't change anything on either my Sony device or ADE.

There shouldn't be an issue deauthorizing and reauthorizing if you do need to.

Of course, you will need the new password to reauthorize.

The Adobe infrastructure should keep count properly and know you haven't added an extra device,

but if it doesn't you may need to contact Adobe to get all your authorizations reset.

Post back if that seems to be an issue.

~~~

If you use Overdrive library books, you will probably find that ADE2.0 does not work correctly with the Sony.

In that case, replace ADE2.0 with the older but much more reliable v1.7.2.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. I had wondered if that would be okay just leaving it so I will run with that first and see how I go.  I will keep a copy of your suggestions in case I need to revisit at some stage.  You obviously know your way around all of this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines