• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding & deleting obsolete images

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My help file has many, many images that have become obsolete, have been updated, & no longer actually appear in topics.  How do I go about viewing a list of images so that I can see which images no longer appear in topics, so they can be deleted?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Tools > Reports > Unused File menu item. Any file that appears in the report can be deleted in Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

While I agree with Colum that this report should be used, I'd be very hesitant to just take the report at its word and wholesale delete items.

What I might suggest is to create a "purgatory" folder. Move the files to that folder until you are certain none of them are possibly needed. Then delete them after a certain time period.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Or try my free image cleanup script. It can hunt down and delete any unused image in your project: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/product/image-cleanup

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Willam's script is very handy. You can also use it for other file types you don't need by changing the extension it searches for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp