Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Changing Project Names - CRASH

Mar 29, 2007 Mar 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help would be appreciated....I selected the "File->Rename Project" option, gave my project a new name, got a Robohelp crash error and cannot open the project anymore. A friend of mine then tried it on a different project on her machine and the same thing happened. Any thoughts as to why? Any thoughts on how to recover the project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search as this cropped up about a month back. Let us know if you cannot find the post, it is just that I am busy right now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a post regarding framesets....I'm not exactly sure what framesets are...it's not something I created in the project manually...I can't open my project to look...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the link to that topic?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK found it.

http://tinyurl.com/yphxfa

Seems there is a known bug although I hadn't seen it before the above post.

Take a copy of your project as it is now, even though it is broken. Delete the CPD and XPJ files. Double click the HHP. Does that open it?

Take a look at Opening Projects on my site for more information.

Post back how you get on.

Is this a project you could copy to me? If it is, first let me know the zipped size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter.
But....I have no .hhp file. I tried renaming the .cpd and the .xpj and tried re-opening but couldn't. The project opens and when it looks like it is almost finished loading, my cursor starts to blink then I get the Robohelp error message that it is closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you been through the other post to make sure that nothing suggested there works for you?

The fact that you have no HHP file suggests you have not generated any help from the project, otherwise there would be an HHP file. Is that the case? Your project is not on a network is it?

If still no joy it looks horribly like creating a new project and importing everything. Is that a major task?

Happy to look at the project if that is an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp