• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLV pop-ups driving me nuts afer installing Flashplayer

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Flashplayer on my system.  Since installing, I am inundated with pop-ups for FLV Player wanting to be installed on my system.  What is up with this?  When I delete Adobe Flashplayer, I no longer get the pop-ups.  It is very annoying and making my internet experience  more than horrible.  Help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLV Player is not an Adobe product. The ads USE Flash Player to pop up, that's why they go away with it uninstalled. You've been hit with "Adware". That's what's causing the popups. Download "TDSSKiller from Kaspersky" (Google it just like that) and run it to see if it finds and removes the nasty little bugger from your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the TDSSKiller from Kapersky, and it telling me that is detects no threats and finds nothing, yet even while I am typing this reply - my system has 3 FLV Player pop-ups on another tab.  It comes up when I use Mozilla and Google Chrome for browsers.  I'm really tired of this and can't figure out why my paid subscriptions to Kapersky and McCaffee are not finding anything.  I had Flashplayer previously and did an update a few weeks ago and Boom!  The pop-ups went crazy.  The ony other thing I can think of is my husband was using my computer for his schooling, and he was forced to download some weird programs in order to do his school work from the university...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Control Panel>Programs and Features>Uninstall and see if anything unusual is in your programs list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything that isn't familiar and there are no other programs showing installed on the same date as the flashplayer.  It is getting really bad and I think I will have to take the computer in and get it wiped.  Each time I go to reply on this forum, it takes me to the FLV Player website in a new tab, now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking it to the shop might be the best thing. It sounds like your system is seriously compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carolcreid wrote:

there are no other programs showing installed on the same date as the flashplayer.

That malware program may have been there long before Flash Player was installed.  Can you post a screenshot of such a pop-up?  Maybe someone can identify where this is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carolcreid,

It appears that you are attempting to respond to Pat's post, via a POP client (e-mail), or similar, and your text is not showing. Can you access the forum via a browser, and retype your reply?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?  I am using Mozilla to access the forum right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always had Flashplayer on my system.  It was after an update that it started to have the pop-up issues.  My security programs - Kapersky and McCaffee do not find anything.  Theonly thing that keeps popping up as a threat on Kapersky is a threat for something called starApp.  I have fixed it about 3 dozen times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See how to post a screenshot: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that info!  I'm not all that technically savvy. 

Here are some screenshots of what I get. 

Adware4.jpgAdware3.jpgAdware2.jpgAdware1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's NOT Adobe popping that stuff up. You're DEFINITELY infected with a hijacker, or adware. If the scans didn't find it, I'd say take it to a reputable shop where they can dig DEEP into your registry and rid you of it once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines